QUARTERLY STATISTICAL INDICATOR
APRIL - JUNE 2023
Cattle Production (refer to Table 1.2)
• The total number of cattle heads slaughtered in June quarter 2023 stood at 2,565. It remain unchanged compare to previous quarter but it increased by 7% over the same quarter of the previous year.
Trade Deficit (refer to Table 6.1)
• Vanuatu’s trade deficit stood at VT 17,697 million for June quarter 2023. The deficit deteriorated by VT 9,975 million over the same quarter of the previous year.
Domestic Exports (refer to Tables 6.1 and 6.2)
• In June quarter 2023, provisional figures in domestic export earnings (excluding re-exports) stood at VT 2,664 million. It increased by 31% over the previous quarter and it also increased by 12% over the same querter of the previous year. The increase was attributed to the increase in exports of kava by VT 670 million, Coconut oil by VT 42 million, Cocoa by VT 64 million, coffee by VT 5 million and Vanilla by 1 million over June quarter 2022. Domestic Exports In Million Vatu June quarter 2021 to June quarter 2022.
Copra Exports (refer to tables 6.2, 6.3 and 6.4)
• In June quarter 2023, the quantity of copra exports decreased by 54% over the previous quarter and it also decreased by 40% over the same quarter of the previous year.
• In value terms, copra exports increased by 8% or VT 10 million over the previous quarter. However it decreased by 54% or VT 153 million over the same quarter of the previous year.
• Copra export receipts constituted a 5% share of the total domestic exports in value for June quarter 2023.
• The average export price of copra increased by VT 60 per kg over the previous quarter, but it decreased by 23% over the same quarter of the 2022.